Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year, New Things!

I created my first blog! Yay me! So, Im 12 weeks pregnant with mine and my husbands first and ive been really sick since thanksgiving and pretty much bed ridden minus the occasional bathroom trips to hug the toilet and bathe. So now that im feeling better (still sick, but better) Ive been itching to get out of the house and DO something! That itch brought me to my first night out with the girls where i got to paint on a canvas (for the first time since highschool) for a craft night. I had so much fun i decided i couldnt wait another month to do something creative! I imediately went online to search for ideas and things to make/do and came across quite a few blogs where i found LOTS of things im too excited to try! Ashley's page was the first that i came across and now shes my new hero. : ) (Thanks Ashley for inspiring me!) So, since looking at all the blogs here are a couple of my creations.

I bought this fabric on sale at Walmart and came up with the design myself after seeing pillows a long time ago with buttons on them. I decided ribbon was better. :)

I hand stitched the whole thing because A. I dont own a sewing machine, and B. If i did own a sewing machine I wouldnt know how to use it anyway! Maybe one day someone will teach me.

Excuse the messy floor :)

I sewed the ribbon on and pulled it thru a hole that I cut in the flapso it can be opened and closed at will. I have stuffing inside for now until i get a 13x13 pillow for it.


 Not bad for my first pillow eh? For my second night of crafting I decided to finish a small desk I had sanded down back in the summer. I liked alot of the shabby chic and beachy designs i had been seeing so i went with a white distressed look. I think it turned out quite nice. ( Excuse the blankets, it gets cold in our bedroom if we dont cover the windows in the winter!)

The handles got thrown away by my darling hubby because he throws everything away and he thought it would get me to throw away the desk as well, but he will be buying me more now. I hope hes learned his lesson.

Some knick knacks I found at the Goodwill in town the day before for about 60 cents a piece sitting on top of my freshly painted and sanded desk.

I found these jars at the Goodwill as well for 50 cents a piece after seeing some like them as cute little candle holders on Ashley's Thrifty Living. And the seashells, my hubby and I found on our 1 year anniversary last year.

So all in all, ive had a pretty good first two days of crafting, hopefully I can keep it up and not procrastinate and get disinterested in things this year. I figure if i keep my crafts somewhat simple and finish them in the same day i wont get bored or tire of them. We will see!

And on a side note, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my DARLING HUBBY!



1 Comments:

Blogger Ashley's Thrifty Living said...

Oh man! Congrats on the new blog! And the baby! And thank you so much for all your kind words!! I love the pillow and love the desk! I am excited to see what you will create!!

January 24, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<>